Monday, February 25, 2008

Starting Solids....

Alec (L) and Aramis (R) begin adding solid food to their diets
Don't they look oh so excited??!!

So, the kingdom is enduring another change in that the princes are moving into a new phase of their development at five months--which includes the addition of solid cuisine on the daily menu. We've only just begun this process, but can tell that applesauce is definitely a favorite of Alec's. Aramis on the other hand could care less for it. We're making our own babyfood (well, we're doing the best we can at this time--who knows what will happen a week from now) and hoping they'll enjoy the consistency of 'real' homemade baby food versus a lot of the store bought stuff. Now, we're not fools. We keep a ton of those little plastic squares filled with squash, apples and blueberries, prunes, beans, peas and apricots in the cupboard for those hurried meals or on-the-road visits. Our goal is to do things a little differently with the boys since Abby is a tremendously picky eater, and we hope that by introducing 'real' food, maybe they won't have food aversions. Well, here's to wishing and hoping for the best. We'll post 'messy' photos once we introduce lovely items such as chocolate, ice cream and spaghetti! :)

1 comment:

http://www.kingsomandcastle,blogspot,com said...

Hi Wendy:

I am LeAnne; Cassandra's step-Mom and just wanted to say I enjoy your blog as it has let me get to know your family a bit and know more about you. I am sure that you will enjoy Cassandra and that she will love being with your family. I will say I am going to miss her a great deal; but feel very good about her choice.
LeAnne